Friday, August 24, 2007

Change is in the hair!

Well! It seems after a good couple of years I finally had enough of my hair being out of control. I loved it long but it was starting to get ridiculous. It was posterior length and getting caught in places where it had no business going. Plus I was getting fed up of the time it took to wash, the amount of breakage or shedding and also having to dismantle the front of the hoover every time to unwind my cast off hair from the roller. I hadn't actually had it cut for a long time and the last time I did, I only had it trimmed of a couple of inches.

So this morning I decided enough was enough. I booked into my favourite hair salon (Altered Images, here in Long Eaton) and trotted down at the appointed time.

I did keep wondering if I was doing the right thing, maybe I should just have a trim again etc etc. But I remained firm. Once I'd told the stylist that I *really* was sure (I put on a good 'I know what I'm doing' front), he suggested dry cutting the bulk of it first as it would just go down the sink during washing. A few snips later and on the floor was a LOT of strawberry blonde hair. Oddly it was a lot longer than I'd thought it was since I only see it from the front in a mirror ;) We had spectators at this point and comments ranging from 'wow that is brave' to 'too late to change your mind now'. My head felt like it was floating and I could run fingers through my hair and reach the ends!

All through the washing and rest of the cut people stopped by the stylist's station to comment, even the guy who swept up the mound had to come and see who had left it all!

I've never felt like an attraction before and it was odd ;)

I can't stop bouncing it now and it's still long enough to tie into a cute ponytail which I am really happy with. I should have gotten it done long ago (Yes, you were right mum ;)

So without further ado, I reveal the new 'Do'. Oh yeh and forgive the cheesy grin please, my usual instinct is to run away screaming when a camera is pointed at me :)


1 comment:

Rosi said...

Love the new look :)