Saturday, September 06, 2008

Wiifit wheeee!

SO.. Tony surprised me the other day and bought me (us) a wii console, which I have wanted for aaages. Just the basic unit that comes with the wiisports game and it's a lot of fun... and active! Both our right arms are on the achy side now. Might have to consider changing hands a few times ;)

Anywho, the wiifit phenomena has intrigued me. Gimmick or actually useful in getting fitter and some weight off. Anyone who knows me, also knows I have serious weight problems due to several factors including a badforme(tm) food habit. I also don't have much confidence so find it very hard to go to a gym or well, be out of the house around people (they are scary!).

Tony surprised me (that's getting to be a habit there dear!) again and had rung round various places to see if anyone had the wiifit in stock and dispatched me to ToysRus as they had just gotten a delivery. That was a surreal experience in itself but I digress.

Got it home, set it up and did 30 minutes of exercises without my mind realising it (my body is another story!) and it was... HYSTERICAL. I haven't done 30 minutes of intense exercising in a loooong time and it was neither boring nor tedious.. just FUN. I also know now just how bad my balance is ;)

Time will tell if it really does improve my level of fitness but any exercise at all coupled with my diet has to be a good thing. And above all, anything that can make me laugh until I cry HAS to be good ;)

Wiiiii ;)

3 comments:

JodyTheBad said...

I love mine! I dread low impact exercise because it's boring, but the wii makes it fun - I like to see measurable improvement.

My favorites: hula hooping, bubble down the river (Chase calls it "BEES!"), the one where you hit balls with your head, the tree yoga pose because it's a challenge, the 'step' aerobics and the punching aerobics (which you won't unlock until later.)

I do strength training ones in between, but rarely. The day after a workout I'm a little sore but not sore enough that I hate life. It's my favorite means of exercise yet.

Have fun with it!

Xine said...

Hmmm, I hate exercising, boooooring. Maybe we do need to get a wii!

By the way, heard the latest about Richard? He's remarried. Remember Seraph (Angela/Angie)? And they are expecting.

Simes said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.