Friday, September 16, 2005

First Post

Well, I finally got around to doing a blog... what on earth have I got to say? Hmmmmmm.

Am at a bit of a turning point in my life having let too many years go by and nothing to show for them. Not all laziness or being boring but I have long term depression and Anxiety issues. Social phobia/Agoraphobia thrown in and it makes me a very dull person :) Ok not that dull but I don't go out much!

Soooo this year I decided to take myself in hand and DO something.

My aims for this year were :

1. To lose weight (Start of the year I was 23 stone *ouch*)
2. To learn to play the guitar (I played violin for several years as a young'un and didn't want to go back to that)
3. To take up singing again (always enjoyed it but lack of any confidence put a stop to it).

I started weightwatchers Diet in January and to date have lost 3 and a half stone (48 pounds). Having a little break at the moment but maintaining my current weight of 19 and a half stone. Felt SO good for the first time in years being under 20 stone and that I have some control back over my weight. My mum took me clothes shopping as a treat and I ended up sobbing in the changing rooms when I tried something on and it was too big for me. I had outgrown the largest sizes of this particular shop so it was quite momentous for me.

This tuesday I started Guitar class at a local college and had SO much fun. I have a good friend called Jaye and she is very shy like me so we decided to do it and singing class together. Singing class started the following night on the wednesday and that was really good too. I love singing but for years have been too nervous or shy to sing with any volume in front of other people, even people I know. So that too was a very liberating experience. My finger tips of my left hand are raw from playing and practicing so I HOPE the callouses form quickly ;-)

That's about it for now - more soon :)

No comments: