Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Been a while!

It's not often I feel moved to post about something, I find it hard to write about my thoughts on a subject having kept everything to myself for so many years.

So much positive stuff has happened the last year tho I have to start letting it out :)

My weight loss to date is 5 stone. I achieved this using the Weightwatchers point diet which is about the only thing that had any effect in the past, albeit in a small way.

My main incentive was to be able to walk properly, unaided and for more than just a few steps before it caused my back more pain than I could handle and the very real risk of becoming wheelchair bound.

I decided that under no circumstances would I be able to live like that so the only real choice was to lose weight. My lower back was already weak and the weight was just compressing the base of my spine and pressing on the nerves there so it was always inflamed and sore and when I tried to walk it would go rigid and I wouldn't be able to flex or bend and the pain was just stupid. The only way to relieve it would be to sit down for a few minutes.

I used to dread going anywhere because I didn't know if they had seating. Something as simple as going into the city centre shopping was a mammoth task and the route had to be planned around the public seating dotted here and there.

It was just no way to live.

I've had a nice break now from the diet and maintained my current weight and hugely (no pun intended!) enjoyed being able to move around so well. It's like a new lease of life.

Now to get back on it!!

The reasons I got to the weight I was are many and I will post about them eventually... just not right now :)

*hugs*

No comments: