Monday, October 15, 2007

New Arrival!

It's finally happened, I have a new Furbaby!

First off, thanks SO much to Tony who loved me enough to indulge my need to have another furkid.

I felt a huge gap when Squeak passed on, we had such a close bond and I loved her so much. I love my darling Bubbles just as much, but she has never needed the level of affection in the way that Squeak did. She also bonded with Tony more than I (they are so cute together!).

So I had been getting increasingly broody and emotional because I had all this love to give and Bubbles just didn't need or want it. She even got quite grumpy with me when I tried ;)

I recently joined a fantastic online forum called Catsey and it helped talking to other cat nuts and to see the pictures of their furry babies. One of the ladies on the message boards fosters cats for the CPL and had a cat in called Fizz. I loved the look of her picture as she was uncannily like Squeak but as she had been reserved to go to a home, I thought nothing more of it.

Last week, the lady contacted me and asked if I was interested in her as 2 home offers had now fallen through for poor Fizz. After talking it over with Tony, we arranged to go and meet her and if she liked us, we would bring her home!!!.

I went into her pen and she leapt up onto me and I was smitten ;)

She is everything I was looking for :) She is 4 years old, spayed and half Burmese. It makes for a wonderful mix of affection and chattiness and she chirps at you if you merely look at her ;)

Bubbles is doing better than I expected. We've had hissing and a couple of paws lashing out (but nowhere near each other) and they seem to be getting on better each day, I really hope it continues to improve as time goes on. I remember when we first had Bubbles and Squeak was in situ and not impressed at all. They had some quite spectacular arguments and in time they sorted themselves out and tolerated each other, so on the whole, this has been a much better experience, please let it continue to be!

Fizz is a bundle of energy and affection and takes flying leaps at me when I am sitting in the computer chair. My shoulders and back look like a well used pincushion right now so we are trying to train her to be invited up rather than just leap at me when I don't notice. She understands 'NO' thankfully so hopefully it will take. She likes climbing everything too which we haven't had with Bubbles since she was a kitten so again we are trying to establish boundaries early on.

Tomorrow she goes to the Vets to have her first set of injections. The final set are given after 2 weeks and then she can start going out. She has seen Bubbles asking to be let out and is doing the same thing already ;)

That's about it for now, I will finish with a pic!




Hi I'm Fizz!

2 comments:

Xine said...

Pretty kitty!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.