Friday, August 01, 2008

Sooooo....

Tony informs me it's been too long since I've posted anything. He's usually right ;) A year isn't long is it?! It is? Bugger :)

Tony and I are fine, the cats are insane but great and make us laugh daily with their antics - (I so wish I could draw, I'd make a webcomic about them).

We just celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary (10 years?!) and usually we are doing well if we both remember the month let alone the actual date ;) So it was nice this year to both remember and we did the card thing. Then Tony made me cry by ordering me a gorgeous arrangement of Roses with a Helium Balloon and *gasp* CHOCOLATES! Best. Husband. Ever! I don't think he expected me to burst into tears and then blubber all over him but that's the price he pays for being awesome to me ;)

Just a few words on marriage (have a snooze if you want) ;)

Over the years it has not been plain sailing. My mental health problems have caused a lot of grief for both of us (mostly for Tony coping with a very sick wife) and my self-destructive tendencies could well have ended it for us. Tony stuck by me however, through everything me and my illness threw at him, until I realised I could trust him implicitly and no matter what I went through, he would be right there supporting me. That's not to say he didn't get angry at times, at being helpless to 'fix' me and watch me hurt us both in my messed up determination to make everyone hate me as much as I hated myself.

As my treatment progressed and I was able to mature a bit (OK a lot), it got easier to deal with and as my understanding and attitudes towards myself changed and I calmed down, I hope he began to see a lot more of the 'real me' rather than the 'sick me'.

I couldn't have done any of it without him and I hope I am there for him as much as he has been there for me.

*soppiness alert - this is not a drill*
I love you Tony, thankyou for the last 10 years, be mine always? :)
*soppiness alert over*

In other news, I have to say a HUGE congratulations to my sister and brother in law on the birth of their third child - Welcome to the world Charlie! I got to meet him last weekend and he is SO cute and has MAD hair ;)

That's about it for now, will try to blog again before another year passes ;)

No comments: